The mouth is for us humans a kind of entrance gate in our body. This is teeming with bacteria, which in turn form a biofilm. If the oral flora becomes unbalanced, it can affect our entire body and even our psyche. Some traditional healing arts, including TCM, restore this balance through, among other things, the so-called “oil pulling”.
Oil pulling is a straightforward method of daily detoxification. First of all, it has a positive effect on dental and oral health: the teeth and gums are strengthened and harmful bacteria removed, which can counteract the formation of tooth decay. In addition, the oil pulling but also reduces bad breath, dry mouth and chapped lips. In addition, a lasting several months of Ölziehkur unfold their health promoting effect throughout the body and effectively support him in the detoxification.
Originally, this type of detoxification comes from Ayurveda, but even in traditional Chinese medicine, oil extraction has been and still is used to treat and prevent disease. An important role is also played by the tongue. In TCM, this is in close energetic connection with the internal organs. The heart is located on the tip of the tongue, immediately behind the lungs, in the middle of the tongue spleen and stomach and at the end of the tongue bladder, kidney and intestine. On the right tongue margin is the gallbladder and on the left the liver is located. When drawing oil, the oil is rinsed in the mouth for some time and sucked through the teeth. So the oil gets into all areas of the mouth and even in the smallest interdental spaces to absorb harmful germs there. At the same time, the gums are gently massaged and the previously mentioned tongue reflex zones are stimulated, whereby blockages can be released and the Qi can flow better to the organs again.
To pull oil, use the best possible cold-pressed oils in organic quality – ideally sesame, coconut or sunflower oil. Likewise one can fall back on high-quality olive oil. Since no negative side effects are known for oil pulling, there are no restrictions on the amount of applications. In order for the treatment to be as effective as possible, one should ideally integrate the oil pulling into the daily morning routine. It is important that they are performed on an empty stomach, so that you do not wash down the bacteria before use. Who wants to detoxify the body kurmäßig, z. For example, pulling oil twice a year for one month each. Incidentally, the first positive results are often noticeable after four to six weeks – both physically and mentally. Successes include headache, chronic bowel disease, arthritis and rheumatic diseases.
And here’s how it works:
- Take one to two teaspoons of your favorite oil in your mouth.
- Move the oil in the mouth for 20 minutes. Distribute the oil by sucking and sipping throughout the mouth and between the teeth.
- Take a break in between. This allows the oil to develop its effect optimally.
- Then spit the oil into a tissue and not into the sink, otherwise it may clog.
- Important: Do not swallow the oil, because it contains the harmful germs that you want to get rid of.
- During oil pulling, the oil in conjunction with the saliva is always thinner and milky white. If the liquid is still yellow after use, you should increase the oil drawing time next time.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water at the end. Often, we also recommend brushing your teeth to get rid of as many of the harmful germs as possible.